- If you are new here to the web site, we are excited you are here. Very quickly, there are five things you need to know about North Park Baptist Church.
- 1. Our purpose is “To know Jesus and make him known.”
- 2. We believe that the Bible is God’s word to us.
- 3. We believe that as followers of Jesus, he has a call on our lives to be his hands and feet to others. Our goal as a church is to equip you to do just that.
- 4. There is a sign in front of our church that says, “Hurting People Loved Here” . We mean it.
- 5. We are a ridiculously diverse church...and thrilled that we are.
- If that sounds interesting, let me give you some more details: 1. Jesus is alive! He is the center of the Christian life. Jesus is the Son of God who humbled himself, became a man, and died on the cross for our sins. Jesus calls us to put our faith in him as our Lord and Savior, be transformed by the power of his Spirit, and to follow him. Jesus likened this transformation to being born again. It has been described like this, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."(Galatians 2:20). Our following Jesus and our relationship with him is a lifelong adventure that can start right now.
- 2. The Bible is God’s word to us, and as such is more than just a book. It has power to impact our lives as God speaks to us through it. Jesus said, "Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that come from the mouth of God."(Matt. 4:4) Because of this, each Sunday we study a portion of the Bible and practically apply it to our lives.
- 3. Jesus has a call on our lives. Jesus is calling us to be his representative, especially to those in our oikos. We use the Greek word okios to describe those seven to fifteen people in our relational worlds. These are the people we live with, go to school with, work with, and play with. After Jesus miraculously healed a man Jesus told him, “Go home to your family (oikos) and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” (Mark 5:19) We are to do the same. But it doesn’t stop there. Jesus also want us to pray for and minister to those in our okios as well. In a sense, we are to be Jesus to them. Our goal at North Park Baptist is to equip you to do just that.
- 4. “Hurting People Loved Here” These are not simply words on a sign, but an attitude and culture of our church. This is so important that we have a separate page for it. So look to your left and click its button. While you are looking in that direction take a look on what is on my desk. It is an upside down sheep. It is my mascot and it is upside down on purpose. Did you know that sheep who get turned upside down often can't get back up on their feet on their own? They need help. So do we. This is the place to get help to get back on your feet. And the place to help others get back on their feet.
- 5. There is a rich diversity here at North Park Baptist Church. In many churches everyone looks the same. At this church everyone looks different. You well find a wide variety of languages, cultures, careers and ages. A foretaste of heaven. It's pretty amazing, and we are praying that God would continue to bring in more. Maybe that someone is you. If you have any questions about Jesus or the church, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would love to hear from you. God’s blessings, Pastor Glenn email@example.com
We welcome you to North Park Baptist Church. Our sign reads: "Hurting People Loved Here!"
Our congregation is made of various ethnic, racial and socio-economic groups of people. We seek to "Know Jesus Christ and to Make Him Known." We accomplish this through weekly Bible studies and small groups, and helping ministries which you can learn more about as you explore this site.
The music is a blend of Contemporary and Urban Gospel. It goes from raucous to gentle tones. Mostly we have fun in the Lord's Presence. The sermon topics are systematically taken from Scripture. If you have read Pastor Glenn's welcome you get the gist of our beliefs.
My favorite verse comes from John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world He sent His only Begotten Son. So that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life! For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world might be saved through Him." There is room at the Cross for all of us. Come join us! We'd love to have you visit us and see what we are all about. If you're already a part of us--know that you are loved!
The people whom Christ has called as the community of North Park Baptist Church welcome you! We are amazingly diverse in age, race, and background. We are united by a desire to "Know Jesus Christ and Make Him Known." We know that life is hard, and that temptations abound. But we also know that God holds us close, and that grace overflows to sustain us on our communal journey.
You are welcome! Let's walk together in the love and power of Jesus.
We have an old sign in front of our church that says "Hurting People Loved Here"
These are not simply words on a sign, but an attitude and culture of our church.
It is our passion. That sign isn't the prettiest thing. It has seen it's share of storms and vandalism over the years. The paint is faded in places and parts of it are worn. We leave it that way on purpose, because it still has great value. There have been numerous people who have seen that sign passing by, come in, and experienced the love of Jesus in a profound way.
Maybe you are like that sign. You have had your share of storms and vandalism in your life on many levels. You may be in a place where you don't feel like you are worth much to anyone. But the fact is you are valuable to God. And you are valuable to us.
Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Everyone experiences seasons of pain in their life where they need love, help and encouragement. We seek to do that here and have been doing it long enough to understand why Jesus said, “whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matt. 25:40). We have also discovered that healing occurs when hurting people love and minister to other hurting people.
If you are hurting, this is the place for you.
One of our members expressed it this way: Perfect and Pretty? Not so much. Seeking and Serving? That's us. Come with questions. Come with pain. Come with despair. We will accept you, love you, and walk with you in the name and power of God.
If you are hurting today, the first thing we can do for you right now is to pray for you. Please look to your left and click the "contact us" button and send us a prayer request.